It is something that drives new webmasters crazy. They have devoted an enormous amount of time to creating a website that they are sure will turn into a successful internet based business, but after going public, the website just doesn’t seem to be doing anything. The webmasters can’t understand why their website doesn’t seem to be showing up on the major search engines like Google and Yahoo. More often than not, the reason that the website is not living up to expectations is because the webmaster has not been properly educated about SEO.
Why you Need to Understand SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a term that is used to describe things that need to be done to make a website appear on the first page of search results. One of the mistakes that many new webmasters make is not taking the time to learn about SEO. This is a huge error that could cost them thousands of dollars in lost revenue. The world of internet marketing is very competitive and the key to success is being able to use SEO tools to boost your websites visibility which will lead to an increase in daily website traffic.
Why Organic SEO is Always Best
There are some things that a webmasters will do during the creation and maintenance of their website that will automatically boost the sites SEO ranking. This is considered organic SEO. The advantage of organic SEO is that it is completely natural and there is very little chance that the search engines, which have some pretty strict policies regarding SEO methods, will take offense, which can happen with some of the sneakier methods of SEO that webmasters are frequently trying to use.
Stick to White Hat SEO
The best thing a webmaster can do when they are trying to put together an SEO program is to look at the standard SEO methods that are approved by the major search engine. Search engine approved methods are considered ethical or white hat, SEO. Not only will the white hat methods of SEO mean that you won’t have to worry about doing something that has the potential to get your website banned, you are also going to find that results of the ethical SEO last a great deal longer than other, less ethical, means of SEO.
Tips for Boosting Search Engine Optimization
There are several things that you, as a webmaster can do that will help ensure that your website is very visible on all of the major search engines
- Make sure that the design of you chose for your website is a search engine optimized web design. When it comes to designing a website, you want to stick to a web friendly design.
- Avoid scripts that web crawlers are unable to read index your webpages
- Don’t attempt to use any unethical, or black hat, methods of SEO which can get your website banned from the search engines
- Keyword research will help webmasters determine what keywords/phrases they need to use in order to give their search engine ranking a bump.
- Some webmasters have noticed that some of their visitors have found their website by using some very strange keywords. To make sure that the right keywords are leading to your website, you need to take advantage of specialized techniques that involve the use of search engine position for the keywords/phrases that you want connected to your website.
- When it comes to meta tags, things can get a little confusing. There are some search engines that really don’t seem to like them. Most webmasters have found that as long as they don’t abuse the use of meta tags, the tags can be a useful SEO tool.
Once you have learned how to use SEO tools to your advantage, you are going to be impressed by just how much traffic your website gets, and the more traffic you get, the more likely it is that you will see an increase in your revenue.
Mock Ranking Reports
“White”, “Black”, “Grey” & “Blue Hat” SEO